The Functions Of The Director General Of The Directorate General For Consumer Protection And Market Surveillance:
- Developing the policy on the protection of consumer and ensuring the cooperation of the domestic and international institutions and foundations for the determination of the required policies.
- Taking measures for the protection of the economic interests of the consumers as well as their health and safety and accordingly conducting the required arrangements.
- Cooperating with the related ministry and institutions in the identification of the measures taken for the protection of the consumers against environmental hazards that may be caused by consumable items.
- Ensuring quality assurances with a view to improving the quality of items and services released to market and developing a quality assurance system.
- Offering a proposal and receiving the official opinions of the related institutions and foundations with regard to the determination of appropriate standards.
- Developing educational policies for consumers for consumer protection purposes
- Ensuring the representation of the consumers in voluntary organizations aiming at developing policies with regard to consumer protection.
- Fulfilling the tasks assigned to the DG underother Acts for the resolution of consumer problems.
- Conducting market surveillance and governance for the goods without any regulations directly presented to the consumers and concluding required arrangements; putting the standard into the practice by means of minister’s approval, examining specific and compulsory circumstances as it may be required by national economy.
- To conduct similar tasks that may be assigned by the Minister.
MINISTRY OF CUSTOMS AND TRADE
Directorate General of Consumer Protection and Market Surveillance
Address: Dumlupınar Bulvarı No: 151 Eskişehir Yolu 9. Km. B Blok 06530 Çankaya / ANKARA
Phone:+90 (312) 449 10 00