- To determine policies towards development of business life to contribute to the welfare of our country and life quality of our citizens.
- To be a unit, with a strong organizational structure which fulfills the requirements of information age, that provides effective, productive and sustainable services to meet the expectations of business life.
1-) Duties of Directorate General of Domestic Trade:
2-) The History of Directorate General of Domestic Trade:
- To help to the formation of the policies regarding business, to encourage business activities, to make essential regulations and to provide the implementation of these,
- To take essential actions which need to be done by the Ministry in accordance with Turkish Commercial Code and the other regulations,
- To specify the joint stock companies of which establishments are permitted by the Ministry and to determine the joint stock companies which representative of Ministry is to participate in general meetings,
- To practices activities and duties regarding legislations about chambers, exchange offices and Turkish Union of Chambers and Exchange Commodities and to make regulations about these,
- To regulate the trade of fresh vegetable and fruits and other commodities which have sufficient supply and demand depth, to provide wholesale markets and marketplaces with reaching a contemporary structure and functioning well, and to do the duties stated in the legislation,
- To make regulations regarding trade of the basic and processed agricultural products which are convenient to storage, to work towards encouraging, developing and extending licensed warehousing and specıalızed product exchangıng system and to do duties stated in the legislation about licensed warehousing and specıalızed product exchangıng system and public warehousing,
- To make regulations about e-commerce, to do duties stated in the legislation about that, to work towards development of e- commerce and to take essential precautions,
- To make regulations about retail trade by means of being in a cooperation with Directorate General for Craftsman and Artisans in the issues which regarding business activities of craftsman and artisans, to do duties stated in the legislation about retail trade, to work towards development and extending of retail sector and to take essential precautions,
- To permit to the organization of exhibition, fair and promotion and etc. and to make regulation about these organizations and activities,
- To make regulations regarding domestic fairs,
- To establish and operate the Central Registry System, Wholesale Registry System and Retail Information System and to work for the integration of these systems with the other registration systems of the public authorities and Professional organizations with the public institutions status, to open these systems to Access of the mentioned institutions and to compile and publish the statistics produced by these systems,
- In case of necessity, to make regulations about business activities or the ones that execute business activities and to provide the implementation of these,
- To make essential enquiry and search for the issues within the responsibility of the Ministry or to have them made,
- To make similar duties entrusted by the Ministry.
Directorate General of Domestic Trade is a long-established unit of which history starts from the Ottoman State. In that period, the idea that it is essential to give more importance to the issues like trade, agriculture and industry became popular among statesmen and “Trade Ministry” was established in July 8, 1839 to develop and promote trade and provide unity and integrity in this field.
Until the first Turkish Grand National Assembly (TGNA), Directorate General for Internal Trade has been worked within the body of several Ministries which had been established with several names like “Trade Ministry”, “Trade and Agriculture Ministry” and etc.
Then, our Directorate General was a part of “Economy Ministry” established to work about trade, industry, agriculture, forest and mine by TGNA on May 2, 1920.
Although the names were changed in republic period, services towards internal trade continued under the responsibility of the several ministries. In this context, Directorate General for
Internal Trade has continued its activities within the body of “Economy Ministry”, “Trade Ministry”, “Economy and Trade Ministry”, “Ministry of Industry and Trade”.
And, our Directorate General within the body of Ministry of Industry and Trade was made a part of the Ministry of Customs and Trade to fulfill the duties and provide services about internal trade with the Statutory Decree published in the Official Gazette on July 8, 2011.
|MINISTRY OF CUSTOMS AND TRADE
Directorate General of Domestic Trade
Address: Dumlupınar Bulvarı No: 151 Eskişehir Yolu 9. Km. B Blok 06530 Çankaya / ANKARA
Phone:+90 (312) 449 10 00