Transferring Residence (permanently):
What are the goods deemed as used household effects? (Property moved in connection with a transfer of residence)
All personal effects, household linen, furnishings and equipment intended for the personal use of the individuals. In order to benefit from relief, the goods shall be;
Information about restriction:
- Household belongings,
- The property of the importer,
- Registered as property being moved in connection with a transfer of residence. It does not have any commercial character,
- Brought directly by the individuals before their arrival or after 6 months of their arrival and should be declared for free circulation.
The following are not seen as property being moved in connection with a transfer of residence:
Conditions and arrangements for relief from customs duty:
- Alcoholic products,
- Tobacco and tobacco products,
- Commercial means of transport,
- Tools and equipment used in craft or profession, except those used by the deceased in his/her profession or craft.
Natural persons residing at least for 24 months out of the Turkish Customs Territory:
-Staying in the Turkish Customs Territory for a period of less than 6 months in 1 year shall not cancel the required time period for staying out of the Turkish Customs Territory. However these periods shall not be included within the period of 24 months required for staying out of the Turkish Customs Territory. Also, staying in the Turkish Customs Territory for a period of less than 45 days shall be included for period of staying out of the Turkish Customs Territory.
- All the time requirements for residing is not a must for natural persons residing at least for 5 years in the last 10 years out of the Turkish Customs Territory.
- Persons who benefits from this relief under this Article must be stay at least 24 months out of the Turkish Customs Territory, if they would like to benefit from the same relief again.
-The relief for importing household goods shall be applied according to the family unit (wife, husband and children), even the wife or husband is living separately out of the Turkish Customs Territory.
-For the granting of relief as property moved in connection with a transfer of residence, people should transfer their residence permanently to Turkey.
-The property moved in connection with a transfer of residence may also be imported both in a single or separate consignments. The overall six-month period may not, though, be exceeded.
Article 48-49 of the “Resolution on Application of Certain Articles of Customs Law Number 4458” attached to Council of Ministers Resolution number 2009/15481.
a) Passport or substituting documents (NATO Travel Order, Lasse-Passé, etc…)
b) The document received from the Turkish consulate abroad or foreign representative office in Turkey relating a residence abroad for at least 24 months. (If persons cannot present the document because of foreign country’s law, their entrance and exit registration will be checked by the customs administration.
c) The document which is involved identity information of all the family members received from Turkish consulate abroad or foreign representative offices in Turkey.(Certificate of identity register copy will be enough for the Turkish citizens and persons who have double citizenship status.)
d) Inventory of household effects to be attached to oral declaration form.